Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Flo's Crab Shack Is Where It's At


IMG_1055, originally uploaded by theashtacular.

Yesterday's total: $39.14.
New friends: Faber (last time I saw Faber, he was 2....now he's 21) and his friend Samantha.


Breakfast was a fabulous Egg sandwich at Dolce Vita, in Providence... on a Portuguese muffin....with a cup of coffee. Tip included--$8.14. (Don't have groceries yet.)

So, my girlfriend Tamara and her Mom, Nancy.... were so warm and receptive when I arrived here, In North Kingstown, RI.

I had plans to couchsurf with a (very nice) stranger....but, once we got to hangin' out---I just couldn't leave. I was having too much fun :).

We went to this fantastic little place in Newport.... down by the water called Flo's Clam Shack.
Wednesdays are the night when they have all you can eat crab legs for $15 (including tip). Served in a bus tub, with lemons and melted butter on the side. But, the crab legs are so fresh, I felt like butter and lemon would have spoiled them.... We took turns buying $16. (including tip) pitchers of beer.

We (6 of us) went through 3 bus tubs of crab legs, while we listened to 3 white guys in Hawaiian shirts perform everything from MJ to Classic soul, to....Outcast (which was hilarious). See video at end of entry...



We went to downtown Newport afterwards for one drink which my friend's beau was sweet enough to buy for us.... then came home and indulged in my lo-fi bar to go, over a fire and some guitar. What a great night it was.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Today's total...+$120. -$140.= -$20.
New Friends: All 4 of my friend's dogs.

Woke up today and did 2 women's haircuts and 1 men's. Including tip, I made $120.

I then turned around and spent it on some on groceries, a cooler, a pillow, blanket and medicine---because I woke up today feeling like my body wants to be sick. $140. Doing my best to avoid it, as of now. Clean food, water water water, vitamin C, no drinking and I plan on turning in early tonight.
----------------------------
Didn't turn early. Still awake...but I do feel better already and I didn't spend money on anything but groceries ($20. After haircuts) :).

Nancy took me to dinner at Anthony's. I had the fish and chips. It was caught today, and battered in something heavenly. Again--no "help" necessary (sauce, lemon etc.) She said if you wanna try Fish and Chips how it's supposed to be done, Anthony's is the place. It's a walk-up and order, laid back and delicious dive. Highly recommend. Located in Middletown, RI.

Last night at Nancy's then back to Providence to stay with some chefs :). They have invited me to join them for a 10 course tapas feast. Pretty excited!!

Tomorrow morning: The Newport Mansions.

P.S. Ok, Ok. I had 1 glass of Pinot Grigio with my fish. Big deal.


1 comment: