Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Bitch Is Back......

......... And ready to ramble.

As I pack my bags with high end cigarettes and low end plastic travelers of liquor....I am reminded of the freedom that travel masquerades diligently. So far, in my life it is an illusion of freedom indeed---but I like it anyway. Though for now, I have to come back for shows, family, friends, real estate and obligations...I long for a time in the future when I do not. Have to come back.

A little bit of fear and a little bit of money both provide an excellent opportunity for growth through experience. I look forward to this adventure, and I can't wait to take you people with me.

The last solo road trip through the Southwest was eye opening, and (ahem) sensually liberating. Let's see if the Northeast has anything to offer besides tea, mittens, and lighthouses......

I will be checking in each day, to lightly cover, review, and deconstruct the day's events...restaurants, bars...and people. I also hope to get my crappy ass camera rocking, in order to rile up the Irreverent Traveler's youtube.....

Stay tuned,.....I bet we'll both learn something about how to travel like a person who hates tourist attractions.

Until we meet again.....

Bon Voyage.

4 comments:

  1. May you have a wondrous adventure that fills you with insight that you never even imagined! Doin' the happy dance for ya!! One cannot follow their dream without knowing what the dream is!!! Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sondra, THANKS! I agree completely! And Laurie, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I love lighthouses---I just...want to see what's under the lighthouse more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i fuckin' took my hat off for yooze!

    ReplyDelete