Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Full Moon In Salem, MA.












New friends: Sarah, fellow Couchsurfer.
Cost: ?? It was a few days ago now. I always did one meal from my cooler... but definitely tried some "must try" suggestions of Sarah's. I also premeditated a shopping spree in Witch City...which the cost of is NUNYA.

When I first arrived in Salem, MA...I had a good feeling pulling into town. A good feeling followed by total body goosebumps.

I immediately drove to Wal-Mart to change clothes, take a whore's bath, and put some makeup on...because I didn't want to meet Sarah looking like a girl who just rolled out of someone's couch and got in the car wearing no bra.

Mission accomplished without any guilt whatsoever that I was not a customer.

I rolled into town around 12pm or so. I decided to hit the town for some sights and shopping before I went to Sarah's. Found a parking spot downtown easily. YES!

Went into this witchy store I read about online called HEX. Don't let the name scare you off. It certainly has the spirit of Halloween and Voodoo all over the place...but it also has nice candles, soaps, oils jewelry and psychic readings.

When I went in and saw the woman reading in the window, I felt something kind of rush over me. I think it was fear. She had an obviously strong presence: Long black dyed hair, tons of bracelets up both arms, a ring on every finger....and a resonant charismatic voice.

The man at the counter was equally as charismatic. He had an East Coast accent, and a cute whistling gap between his teeth. He was adorably gay. (As opposed to annoyingly gay---you know the difference. Same difference exists amongst straight men. Annoyingly straight men are the worst.) Anyway, he complimented me on my cowboy hat (People just DO NOT WEAR cowboy hats up here), and he liked my tiger bag. We hit it off and started talking. I had chosen some oils to buy, and mentioned that I made my own sometimes too. The woman in the window was standing by us and said, "Ah,...you make your own, do you?". She had a mischievious sound to her voice and a knowing look. I liked her. She looked "real".

After several hours of walking around, I needed a break and called Sarah. She gave me directions and told me to come on over for a rest.

Sarah was way cool. She was incredibly knowledgeable about Salem's witch and maritime history. She knew all the groovy places in town and told me what to eat and drink where. I took her up on all of her suggestions....and she was right about everything.

Best alcoholic beverage: Blueberry Beer @ BeerWorks (just realized there is more than one Beer Works...but I don't think we have them in Texas). This place is not crawling with tourists either. And 3 people told me to get their burger, so I did. It was fantastic as well.

Best Breakfast And Coffee: Gulu Gulu. Iced Vanilla Latte and a DELECTABLE breakfast crepe, filled with bacon, eggs and the most amazing white cheese EVER.

Least Touristy Night Spot: Dodge Street Bar And Grill

Best Experience In Salem: A reading with Lori Bruno.

The woman I saw in the store, came up in conversation with Sarah. She definitely knew who I was talking about. She mentioned that this woman was quite reputable in the Psychic department. I HAD TO FIND HER AGAIN!!! I mean....I'm on this trip (for fun, to miss Austin again...and....) because I'm trying to figure out WTF is going on in my life, right?

I was able to get an appointment first thing, on my second day in Salem.

This woman dropped names of people from my life, and made no mistakes. She gave me personal messages from those close to me.... who have crossed to the other side. She told me I would fall in love between 9-19 months. She said I would lose weight :) and keep it off :) :) :). She knew my parent's astrological signs, and said that I come from a line of "gifted" people. She knew my heritage....my secrets, my wishes, worries, and victories. I was overwhelmed. I cried. SHE WAS TOTALLY INCREDIBLE.

A reading with Lori Bruno, At HEX in Salem, MA, is $40. for 20 minutes. I haven't ever experienced anyone this good. Loved her vibe.

I left the next day, and headed to New Haven, CT......

No comments:

Post a Comment